Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Throw it Away

I'm not great at it, but I'm getting much better. I have a little bit of the "organize it" bug lately. What I find when this happens is that I have a lot of CRAP. I sort through things and think "why did I keep this" or "how old is this anyway". Just throw it away! Our garbage man came yesterday and my bin is already full. I honestly don't know what I was thinking when packing some of this stuff away. Good intentions are the culprit. I'm going to fix that or don't waste it or it's still usable. The reality is....fix it now, or get rid of it. You won't go back. Use it now, or get rid of it. If you are currently using it, get rid of it! Oh how refreshing to have clean and organized shelves and drawers. I won't miss a single thing out in my trash barrel. I just wish I hadn't kept it so long in the first place.

If you just can't bare to throw it away, give it to Good Will or DI. See if any friends or relatives could use it. If they all laugh at you or make a funny face....the garbage is probably the best place for it. I'm really not advocating being wasteful, but some things have a time and a season and then need to be disposed of. Before you toss it on the shelf, think to yourself...."Am I really coming back for this??" Out with the clutter!!!

No comments: